- Clutch Reading Challenge 100 books to read by black female authors Go check out the list on Clutch. You can also check out the goodreads group by clicking here.
- Jane Austen Challenge: So this isn’t exactly a challenge but I do want to read the rest of Jane’s works this year. So far I have read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility and I loved both. P&P is right now my favorite book (that could change anytime)
- Read in a more thoughtful way. OK so this is not so much a challenge either but an intention I have. Go to the post here to read why I chose to this and why I chose some of the other challenges on this list.
- BBC’s The Big Read. A list of the 100 most loved books in the UK. There are about 10 books on this list that I would really like to read this year. There are also tons of books I have no interest in on the list. And there are about 10 that I have already read.
- I want to read a total of 80 books this year. I have never really kept track of the number of books before and to be honest 80 was just a number that popped into my head when the goodreads challenge came up and, I went with it.
- Of the 80 books I am aiming for 60 of them to be either physical books or eBooks on my kindle. The other 20 I am reserving for new audiobooks.
- I want to read all of the physical books I own. This didn’t seem like such a big deal when I thought this up in January but now I’m not so sure it’s going to work. I am going to really try to do this one!!
- I want to finish the Anne Of Green Gables series of which I have read books 1&2
- I want to re-read the entire Kinsey Milhone series by Sue Grafton, the Goldy Bear series by Diane Davidson-Mott, and the Agatha Raisin series by M.C Beaton. Actually these are all books that I will listen to in audiobook format. I am not going to count any of these towards my 80 book goal they are extras.
So far that’s all I have but I reserve the right to change or add to these. I will check in at the end of each month with a summary of how I am doing on these challenges.